ASQ Section 0511 November 2023 Meeting Announcement
7:00 - 8:30 PM Wednesday, 08 November 2023
Online Streaming via WebEx ONLY
Streaming at 7:00 PM: https://asq.webex.com/asq/j.php?MTID=m1006e429b51aec9e6d380daaf2fd1557
2023 Ranger Outings: A Year in Review
Conducted by Connie Broadie
ASQ Section 0511 Historian, Chair for Voice of the Customer, Secretary
In 2023, ASQ Section 5011 offered four (4) Ranger Outings: Udvar-Hazy Center in February, Morven Park in April, Apothecary Museum in July and Arlington National Cemetery in September. Each of those Ranger Outings had a highly knowledgeable Ranger as a Guide. Three of the four were followed by a Networking Lunch, and two of the four had additional optional events. Each were followed by a survey of participants. Many pictures were taken at all parts of those events, with the best ones to show and tell about!
As the Ranger Outings Review Lead, Connie Broadie will perform our annual review of all four (4) of the 2023 Ranger Outings. She will present both the organizational and educational aspects of those events and will illustrate them with plenty of pictures, historical facts, and survey feedback in the process. Those who attended those events will have a chance to briefly voice their recollections.
This Program is a unique event, the next best thing you can do to actually being with us at any of those Ranger Outings. And some of us attended all four!
As a bonus, we hope Connie's Presentation "2023 Ranger Outings: A Year in Review" will inspire you to join us in person at our Section's future Ranger Outings and, perhaps, even to help organize them!
You will learn the following from Connie's Presentation "2023 Ranger Outings: A Year in Review":
- About the Ranger Outings concept:
- What is a Ranger Outing and why we have a Ranger at each such event.
- How Section Members use the Ranger Outings as an opportunity to meet, both during the tour and at the Networking Lunch.
- About the Ranger Outings Team:
- Role and contributions of our Ranger Outings Lead Carolyn Miller.
- Volunteers who help Carolyn organize the Ranger Outings.
- Various tasks associated with organizing a Ranger Outing and how you can help.
- About the Key Factors in each Ranger Outing:
- Weather and its role in indoor and outdoor Ranger Outings.
- Announcements and Registrations for each Ranger Outing.
- Payment and reimbursement of registration fees.
- Selection of destination for a Ranger Outing.
- Carpooling options, when the destination is further out than usual.
- Finding a Ranger to lead the ASQ group.
- Optional activities at Ranger Outings.
- About the Four (4) Ranger Outings – illustrated with pictures, educational facts, and participant feedback.
- (You do not want to miss this main – and most extensive – part of the evening!)
- About our upcoming 2024 Ranger Outings.
- Yes, we will have more in 2024!
- See how you can participate!
Registration will not be required for this online only November Member Meeting. You will need to be on Webex for the duration of the meeting to get RU recorded for attending the meeting.
Connie Broadie is the Quality Manager and Lead Internal Auditor for SoBran, Inc. Her experience includes compliance, training, IT and Security (NISPOM). She is also an ASQ Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) and an ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA).
Connie has been the ASQ Section 0511 Historian since 2016, Chair for Voice of the Customer since 2019, elected as Secretary for 2022 and re-elected for 2023. She is the Presenter of tonight's review as the Section's Ranger Outings Review Lead. You have likely responded to her requests for your voice to be heard through some of our polls!
Section Leadership Committee Meeting Information:
Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 at 6:00 pm EST
Joining by a direct link:
Meeting link: https://asq.webex.com/asq/j.php?MTID=mf1edec1b32ba1fbd0402e959a365ffba
Joining by meeting information (requires entering the password):
Web address: https://asq.webex.com/asq
Meeting number: 2551 557 3371
Joining by phone (you will have to identify yourself by name when you have joined):
Phone number: 1-408-792-6300 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2551 557 3371
Member Meeting on 13 December 2023, Professional Night: Path to Quality
ASQ Section 0511 is a geographic community in Northern Virginia that lives intertwined with the network of ASQ Divisions and technical communities specializing in specific quality domains and supporting ASQ Certifications in their domains. Its members have tremendous cumulative experience across multiple industries, companies, and government agencies. Any single one of you in our ASQ Section is a formidable source of takes, opinions, and lessons on a number of Quality Matters.
600 N. Plankinton Ave., P.O. Box 3005
Milwaukee, WI 53201-3005
Toll Free North America: 800-248-1946
International: 1 414-272-8575
ASQ Section 0511 Secretary
Northern Virginia Section 0511
American Society for Quality
Follow us on Twitter @ASQ0511
We're on LinkedIn