ASQ Section 0511 April 2023 Meeting Announcement
Saturday, 11 AM, 15 April 2023
The Morven Park: Ranger Outing Event
The Davis Mansion Visitor Center, Morven Park
17195 Southern Planter Lane, Leesburg, VA 20176
Event Organized by Carolyn Miller
ASQ Section 0511 Arrangements Chair and Ranger Outings Lead
The Morven Park: Ranger Outing Event is in-person only. There will be no virtual option for this event.
- We have a reservation for Saturday, April 15 at 11:00 at Morven Park, 17195 Southern Planter Lane, Leesburg, VA.
- Price for entry is $10 per person, with a required deposit and 16 person minimum. Cutoff is one week prior.
- Other tours are available, such as the Nooks and Crannies tour, Reading the Stones tour, and Discovering Treasures tour. Space is limited (12-16 people) and comes with an additional price. Folks interested in those should book in advance to secure their spot.
- From the website: Morven Park is home to the world-renowned Morven Park International Equestrian Center, the iconic Davis Mansion, and the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact. The unique Winmill Carriage Museum is closed at this time. Visitors can walk through scenic formal gardens, picnic under the boughs of old oak trees, and hike miles of beautiful nature trails. Guests touring the Davis Mansion will hear stories of the civic and social lives of former Virginia Governor Westmoreland Davis and his wife, Marguerite, during the first half of the 20th century. The Davisesí personal items and extensive collection of arts and antiques acquired during their travels throughout the world are on display as guests pass through living areas that include a lavish entry hall, ornate drawing room, elaborate dining area, grand billiard room, and well-stocked library, as well as an expansive kitchen and charming personal quarters.
- We will meet at the Davis Mansion Visitor Center. Their website can be visited for directions and site maps. It's about a 15-minute walk from the main visitor parking lot to the mansion. A docent will provide a 45-minute guided experience through the first and second floors of the mansion, with the garden and grounds self-guided.
- Much like at Paradise Winery, picnic tables are on site and and boxed lunches will be available. There will be no advance menu but vegetarian options will be available.
Meeting InformationSection Leadership Committee Meeting Information
Wednesday, Apil 12th, 2023 at 6:00 pm EST
Joining by a direct link:
Meeting link: https://asq.webex.com/asq/j.php?MTID=mf1edec1b32ba1fbd0402e959a365ffba
Joining by meeting information (requires entering the password):
Web address: https://asq.webex.com/asq
Meeting number: 2551 557 3371
Joining by phone (you will have to identify yourself by name when you have joined):
Phone number: 1-408-792-6300 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2551 557 3371
Next Meeting:Member Meeting on 10 May 2023, topic TBD
Call for Speakers!!!
Would you or someone you know like to speak at a future ASQ meeting? We're always looking for volunteers. Be creative! Exercise your public presentation skills! Earn recertification credits! Get a free dinner when resume our dinner meetings! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASQ Section 0511 is a geographic community in Northern Virginia that lives intertwined with the network of ASQ Divisions and technical communities specializing in specific quality domains and supporting ASQ Certifications in their domains. Its members have tremendous cumulative experience across multiple industries, companies, and government agencies. Any single one of you in our ASQ Section is a formidable source of takes, opinions, and lessons on a number of Quality Matters.